Crush Review

 



Goodreads Rating: 5/5 Stars

Summary Review:

This is my favorite book in the series! It's so good! I laughed, I cried, I fell in love! The banter, the action, and the characters' reliability are amazing! New characters are brought in that I absolutely love! This book has become my new comfort read, and I know when I reread it after Charm I'm gonna bawl like a baby! Tracy really pulled through with this sequel and the rest of the series just gets better and better! This series has become my all-time fav!

Have you read this book/series? Leave me a comment on what you thought of it!

Full review/thoughts throughout reading (SPOILER WARNING; Colorful Vocabulary Warning):
P.S. If you want the spoiler summary/final thoughts scroll to the very bottom.


“He’s a giant.” “I know, right?” My eyes widen as I picture the architecture teacher. “I think he’s the largest person I’ve ever seen.” “Because he’s a giant,” Jaxon reiterates"
Bwahahaha because he IS a giant Grace! A literal giant! hahaha

“Foster doesn’t let him eat any of the good students, so you should be fine."
Im dying! Them fucking with her is so hilarious!

“He wasn’t happy to find out you might let me take you for a ride.” “Flint!” My mouth drops open for the second time in as many minutes. “Why would you say it like that?” I whirl to Jaxon. “He means dragon. I might ride his dragon!” Flint waggles his brows. “Exactly.”
STAAAP! BWHAHAHAHAH! I love it because this is EXACTLY how a conversation with my friends in high school would've gone!


“Oh, here we go again.” I roll my eyes. “If you bring up the fact that you’re old one more time—” “I am not old! I’m older. Vampires are immortal, in case you’ve forgotten, so you can’t judge our age the same way you judge human age.” “Sounds to me a lot like a justification for getting around the fact that you’re old as dirt.”
Hahahahaha! This banter is everything!

“It’s just that I happen to know for a fact that I’m not immune to vampire bites.” “How would you know that?” Macy demands. “Has someone tried to bite—” She breaks off, her eyes going wide as understanding dawns."

LOL, Macy putting the pieces together and fully supporting Grace and Jaxon is hilarious and amazing!

Ahhhh! Grace and Hudson dancing around the laundry room is everything!!! But why is he acting this way?

“Ouch. Don’t hold back, Grace. Tell me how you really feel,” Hudson
I have somehow subconsciously added this quote to my own mannerisms, I catch myself using it almost daily. And I always think of Hudson and this book when I use it.

(This entire scene on the Ludares field is what made me fall in love with Hudson)

Yes Jaxon, he's in her head! Of course, he knows what underwear she's wearing! He really seems like it's all about him and he's not realizing how hard this is for her.

I love that she's sharing her excitement with Hudson, but at the same time why isn't she sharing this excitement with Jaxon?

Suddenly, the race doesn’t feel quite so amazing. And neither does anything else, though I have no idea why.

Is she getting used to Hudson being there all the time? Is that why it feels odd? How long has it been anyway? I'm going to have to jot down this timeline on my reread.

“No, the whole time. It was all you. That was my last idea. To let you go and see what happened if I wasn’t holding you back.”
Awe! <3

“I’ll never make you choose, Grace. How could I when I know that you’d never choose me?”
GAH! Why does this crush my heart so bad!!

“It means that I’m not sure who’s more trouble. You or your brother.” “My brother,” he and Hudson say at the exact same time."

bwahahahah! xD

"What a douche canoe.”
O.M.G. I have never seen/heard this term used somewhere before! I am so excited right now! I have been using the term "douche canoe" since freshman year in high school. I don't know where I coined it, but it was basically my catchphrase throughout high school. This makes me so happy to see it in my new favorite series.

Macy: If Mekhi isn’t around to hypnotize it, how do we distract it? Me: Get a banjo and dance the hula?
I love the relatable references in this series! It's so similar to an actual convo I would have with my cousin.

“Goddammit!” he yells as he falls to his knees, tears in his eyes, face twisted in agony. “I’ve fucked up, okay? A lot. I know that. You know that. But I’m not fucking this up. I know that’s his voice. I know you can talk to him. I know you can stop this. You’re the only one who can. Just fucking listen to me for once in your whole fucking life like you did when we were together.”
I'm not crying, you're crying. What was it like when they were together? How long was that?

I reach for the mating bond…and then scream all over again when I realize it isn’t there.
I'm sobbing so hard! I had to stop reading cuz I was crying so hard!

My parents are dead. My memory is gone. My mating bond is gone. Why on earth would I go in there to fight? I’ve got nothing left to fight for.
Fight for yourself! Fight for all you have lost! Take all the hurt you're feeling and channel it into anger and fight to win!

“Jaxon, if you wouldn’t mind, take your fucking hands off my mate.”
GAAAAHHHHH!!!! Best fucking quote!!!!!

So, going into this series I already knew Hudson was Grace's mate and they ended up together. I pushed off reading this book for about 2 weeks after finishing the first one because I refused to accept that Jaxon and her didn't end up together. I was 100% team Jaxon through and through during Crave, and about half of Crush. I fell in love with Hudson's wittiness almost immediately, the laundry scene definitely didn't help, and the Ludares field scene sold him for me. I was so mad! hahaha xD I did not want to be team Hudson, but now (after reading all the way through book 5) I can't believe I ever wasn't! Which team you are on?



Links:

Buy the book https://amzn.to/47N94zs

Read for free with Kindle Unlimited https://amzn.to/47N94zs

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/people/Vikis-Artwork/100064750450539/

Etsy https://vikisartwork.etsy.com

Mercari https://www.mercari.com/u/757227329/?sv=0

Poshmark https://poshmark.com/closet/vikisartwork

Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/125479194-victoria-vernier


Comments

Popular Posts